Challenging social work : the institutional context of practice / Catherine McDonald.
"Engaging the reader in a theoretically informed yet accessible analysis, Challenging Social Work demonstrates why social work needs to reconstitute itself and develop new responses as the institutional framework that supports it is called into question. It offers an important contribution to t...
New York :
- The context of change
- The professional project in the context of change
- Modernity, social work and the welfare state
- Challenging social work: the economics of change
- Challenging social work: the politics of change
- Challenging social work: the ideas of change
- Re-constructing practitioners
- Re-constructing service users
- Options for social work
- Entrepreneurial social work
- Evidenced-based practice
- Critical practice
- Global social work
- Thinking our way forward.