Society & children's literature : papers presented on research, social history, and children's literature at a symposium sponsored by the School of Library Science, Simmons College, and the Committee on National Planning for Special Collections of the Children's Services Division of the American Library Association, May 14-15, 1976 / edited by James H. Fraser.
Table of Contents:
- American society as reflected in children's literature : some introductory comments to the symposium on research, social history, and children's literature / by Frances Henne
- Children's literature and American culture 1820-1860 / by Anne Scott MacLeod
- Social factors shaping some late nineteenth-century children's periodical fiction / by R. Gordon Kelly
- Regionalism in American children's literature / by Fred Erisman
- Foreign language publishing for children in the United States : a comment on Yiddish, Estonian, Ukranian, and Armenian materials / by James H. Fraser
- In for a penny, in for a pound : or, some economic aspects of collecting eighteenth- and early nineteenth-century books for children, with reflections on the sources of such books, the prices now paid for them, and the best remedy for the pain those prices give the purchaser, all simply stated by a long-sufferer / by Howell Heaney
- Random notes on the preservation of eighteenth- and nineteenth-century children's books / by Frederick E. Bauer, Jr.
- Peculiar difficulty : a tale of the eighteenth century : being an account of some lamentable lacks, together with a few desperate needs / by Gerald Gottlieb
- Manuscripts of children's literature in the Beinecke library / by Marjorie G. Wynne
- Lost innocence in the American comics / by Walter Savage
- Film archives : unexplored territory / by Marshall Deutelbaum
- Summary and commentary / by Frances Henne.