The mythology of transgression : homosexuality as metaphor / Jamake Highwater.
The author explores "how mythologies from ancient times to the present have shaped the ways we think about social 'abnormality' and alienation ... He also pays special attention to the debates currently raging in science regarding the biology of homosexuality."--Jacket
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
New York :
Oxford University Press,
- 1. Outside the Walls
- 2. Inside the Walls
- 3. Beyond the Walled City
- 4. Transgression as Abomination
- 5. Transgression as Deformity
- 6. Transgression as Science
- 7. Transgression as Sensibility
- 8. Transgression as Culture
- 9. Transgression as Revelation.