The Exchange Strategy for Managing Conflict in Health Care : How to Defuse Emotions and Create Solutions When the Stakes Are High Steven P. Dinkin, Barbara Filner, Lisa Maxwell.
Offers four-step method for improving communication and managing conflict in any healthcare setting. This book delivers a wealth of strategies and techniques for structuring conversations about conflicts and issues in groups large and small.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
|Other Authors:||, ,|
New York, N.Y. :
McGraw-Hill Education LLC.,
Table of Contents:
- Part One: Introductions
- Chapter 1: Welcome to The Exchange at St. Sonia's
- Chapter 2: The Exchange: A Proven Approach to Conflict Resolution
- Part Two: The Four-Stage Exchange Model
- Chapter 3: The Exchange, Stage One: The Private Meetings
- Chapter 4: The Exchange, Stage Two: Developing the Agenda
- Chapter 5: The Exchange, Stage Three: The Joint Meeting
- Chapter 6: The Exchange, Stage Four: Problem Solving
- Part Three: Using The Exchange in the Workplace
- Chapter 7: The Classic Exchange: One Manager, Two Employees
- Chapter 8: Adapting The Exchange to Manage a Disruptive Employee
- Chapter 9: The Exchange Aikidoist: How to Use the Techniques When You Are Attacked
- Chapter 10: Using The Exchange to Coach an Employee When Bosses Are Bullies
- Chapter 11: Using The Exchange Techniques with Patients
- Chapter 12: The Exchange and Patients' Families
- Chapter 13: Using The Exchange in Group Conflicts
- Part Four: Beyond the Workplace
- Chapter 14: Using The Exchange Techniques on Yourself
- Chapter 15: The Exchange: Will It Work at Home?
- Chapter 16: Epilogue at St. Sonia's Hospital
- Appendix A: Communication Skills for the Exchange
- Appendix B: Sentinel Event Alert.