Describing archives in context : a guide to Australasian practice / by the Australian Society of Archivists Committee on Descriptive Standards.
"The Australian Society of Archivists Descriptive Standards Committee has prepared this document to explain a significant aspect of Australian archival descriptive practice, the Australian series system"--Foreword.
Dickson, ACT :
Australian Society of Archivists,
Table of Contents:
- Development and functionality of the series system
- Principles of series system description
- Components of the series system--entities
- Components of the series system--relationships
- Components of the series system--metadata elements
- Additional implementation considerations
- Appendix 1. Glossary
- Appendix 2. Examples of series system descriptions
- Appendix 3. Series system implementations
- Appendix 4. Relationship to other standards and guidelines
- Appendix 5. Crosswalks to elements in other descriptive standards
- Appendix 6. Collecting archives and the Australian series system
- Appendix 7. Further reading.