Immediations : the humanitarian impulse in documentary / Pooja Rangan.
Endangered life is often used to justify humanitarian media intervention, but what if suffering humanity is both the fuel and outcome of such media representations? Pooja Rangan argues that this vicious circle is the result of immediation, a prevailing documentary ethos that seeks to render human su...
Duke University Press,
|Series:||Camera obscura book.
- Immediations: the humanitarian impulse in documentary
- Feral innocence: the humanitarian aesthetic of dematerialized child labor
- Bare liveness: the eyewitness to catastrophe in the age of humanitarian emergency
- Having a voice?: toward an autistic counterdiscourse of documentary
- The documentary art of surrender: humane-itarian and posthumanist encounters with animals
- The gift of documentary.