The fast forward MBA in project management / Eric Verzuh.
"For any professional responsible for coordinating projects among different departments, executive levels, or projects with technical complexity, this book clearly explains how to do it on time and on budget. From finding the right sponsor to clarifying objectives to setting a realistic schedul...
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Access limited to 3 users at a time.
Hoboken, New Jersey :
John Wiley & Sons, Inc.,
|Series:||Fast forward MBA series.
- Introduction. Project management: a platform for innovation
- Foundation principles of project management
- Build great products: lessons from Agile, Lean start-up, and Stage-Gate
- Defining the project. Project initiation: turning a problem or opportunity into a project
- Know your key stakeholders and win their cooperation
- Write the rules: key documents to manage expectations and define success
- The planning process. Risk management: minimize the threats to your project
- Work breakdown structure: break your project into manageable units of work
- Realistic scheduling
- Managing agile development with scrum
- The art and science of accurate estimating
- Balancing the trade-off among cost, schedule, and quality
- Controlling the project. Building a high-performance project team
- Clear communication among project stakeholders
- Control scope to deliver value
- Measuring progress
- Solving common project problems
- Advancing your practice of project management. Enterprise project management: coordinate all projects and project resources in your organization
- Requirements engineering: the key to building the right product
- Project portfolio management: align project resources with business strategy
- PMP exam preparation
- Microsoft project: guidelines for effective use
- Appendix A: The detailed planning model
- Appendix B: Downloadable form samples.