The organization of information / Daniel N. Joudrey and Arlene G. Taylor ; with the assistance of Katherine M. Wisser.
|Main Authors:||, ,|
Santa Barbara, California :
Libraries Unlimited, an imprint of ABC-CLIO, LLC,
|Series:||Library and information science text series.
Table of Contents:
- Organization of recorded information
- Development of the organization of recorded information in western civilization
- Retrieval tools
- Systems and system design
- Introduction to metadata
- Encoding standards
- Resource description
- Access and authority control
- Subject analysis
- Systems for vocabulary control
- Systems for categorization
- Appendix A. An approach to subject analysis
- Appendix B. Arrangement of physical information resources in libraries
- Appendix C. Arrangement of metadata displays
- Appendix D. EAD3 encoded finding aid for collection described in figure 3.10.