Human information interaction : an ecological approach to information behavior / Raya Fidel.
In this work, Raya Fidel proposes a research approach that bridges the study of human information interaction and the design of information systems: cognitive work analysis (CWA).
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Cambridge, Mass. :
Table of Contents:
- Basic concepts
- What is human information interaction?
- Theoretical constructs and models in information seeking behavior
- The information need
- The search strategy
- Two generations of research
- Theoretical traditions in human information behavior
- Interlude : models and their contribution to design
- Human information behavior and information retrieval : is collaboration possible?
- Cognitive work analysis : dimensions for analysis
- Cognitive work analysis : harnessing complexity
- Enhancing the impact of research in human information interaction.