New directions in information behaviour / edited by Amanda Spink and Jannica Heinström.
New Research in Information Behavior, co-edited by Professor Amanda Spink and Dr. Jannica Heinström provides an understanding of the new directions, leading edge theories and models in information behavior. Information behavior is conceptualized as complex human information related processes that a...
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Bingley, U.K. :
|Series:||Library and information science (New York, N.Y. : Online) ;
v. 1. |
- ch. 1. Introduction : new directions in information behaviour / Amanda Spink, Jannica Heinström
- ch. 2. The emergence of conceptual modelling in information behaviour research / David Ellis
- ch. 3. Meta-synthesis with information behaviour research / Christine Urquhart
- ch. 4. Weaving the threads of experience into Human Information Interaction (HII) : probing user experience (UX) for new directions in information behaviour / Heather L. OBrien
- ch. 5. Into the land of adolescent metacognitive knowledge during the information search process : a metacognitive ethnography / Leanne Bowler
- ch. 6. Individual differences in information-related behaviour : what do we know about information styles? / David Bawden, Lyn Robinson
- ch. 7. The theory of information worlds and information behaviour / Gary Burnett, Paul T. Jaeger
- ch. 8. Towards agency--structure integration : a person-in-environment (PIE) framework for modelling individual-level information behaviours and outcomes / Sei-Ching Joanna Sin
- ch. 9. Understanding casual-leisure information behaviour / David Elsweiler, Max L. Wilson, Brian Kirkegaard Lunn
- ch. 10. Information behaviour development in early childhood / Amanda Spink, Jannica Heinström
- ch. 11. Impacts of information : an analysis of spiritual messages / Jarkko Kari
- ch. 12. Conclusions and further research / Amanda Spink, Jannica Heinström.