Handbook of research on promoting women's careers / edited by Susan Vinnicombe, Ronald J. Burke, Stacy Blake-Beard, Lynda L. Moore.
In a changing world where women have dominated as graduates from universities in the West, recent research has shown that the same trend is also strikingly evident in the newly emerging markets. Tapping into this female talent pool is extremely important and advancing women's careers has become...
|Other Authors:||, , ,|
Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA :
|Series:||Elgar original reference.
- Part I.
- Setting the scene
- Gender Ratios in Organizations: Managerial and Cross-Cultural Issues /
- Hetty van Emmerik and Merel Kats
- The Continuing Challenge of Incorporating Race and Ethnicity into Research on Women's Management Careers /
- Stella M Nkomo
- Sprinters, Marathoners, and Relay Runners: Profiles of Women's Career Development Over Time /
- Deborah A. O'Neil, Margaret M. Hopkins and Diana Bilimoria
- Stop Fixing Women, Start Building Management Competencies /
- Avivah Wittenberg-Cox
- Part II.
- Challenges facing career women
- Theoretical Advances in the Study of Sexual Harassment /
- Margaret S. Stockdale, Seth A. Berry, Joel T. Nadler, Dawn M. Ohse and Gargi Bhattacharya
- Gender Stereotypes and their Implications for Women's Career Progress /
- Suzette Caleo and Madeline E. Heilman
- Women's Occupational Motivation: The Impact of Being a Woman in a Man's World /
- Kim Peters, Michelle K. Ryan and S. Alexander Haslam
- Women's Impact on Women's Careers in Management: Queen Bees, Female Misogyny, Negative Intra-relations and Solidarity Behaviours /
- Sharon Mavin and Jannine Williams
- Organizational Politics: The Missing Link to Women's Progression into Managerial Roles /
- Elena Doldor
- Glass Networks: How Networks Shape the Careers of Women Directors on Corporate Boards /
- Rosanne Hawarden
- Beyond Bias and Barriers: A Biopsychosocial Lens for Understanding Gender Communication in Organizations /
- Susan S. Case and Angela J. Oetama-Paul
- Prejudice Against Women Leaders: Sex of Voice /
- Fiona Sheridan
- Part III.
- Women in specific occupational sectors and roles
- Women in Professional Services Firms /
- Camilla Quental
- Gender Differences in the Academic Work Experiences of Faculty at Early, Middle, and late Career Stages /
- Diana Bilimoria, Xiangfen Liang, Shani D. Carter and Jeffrey M. Turell
- Where are the Women in Academic Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Fields /
- Wendy M. Williams, Susan M. Barnett and Rachel Sumner
- Breakthrough for Women on UK Boards /
- Ruth Sealy
- Women Professionals in the Software Services Sector in India /
- Vasanthi Srinivasan and Amit Gupta
- A Gendered Analysis of International Career Development: Progress, Pitfalls and Prospects /
- Savita Kumra
- Part IV.
- Supporting women's career development
- Advancing Women: A Focus on Strategic Initiatives /
- Julie S. Nugent, Sarah Dinolfo and Katherine Giscombe
- Women's Leadership Programmes are Still Important /
- Susan Vinnicombe OBE, Lynda L. Moore and Deirdre Anderson
- The Effect of Race and Migration on the Managerial Advancement of Women /
- Charmine E.J. Hartel, Nasreen Sultana and Gunter F: Hartel
- Factors Supporting Women's Career Advancement: Differences between Male and Female CEOs in the United States /
- Alix Valenti and Stephen V. Horner
- Best Practice Case Studies /
- Lesley Brook and Jacey Graham
- E-Coaching as a Technique for Developing the Workforce and Entrepreneurs /
- Carianne M. Hunt and Sandra L. Fielden.