Digital library programs for libraries and archives : developing, managing, and sustaining unique digital collections / Aaron D. Purcell.
"Planning and managing a self-contained digitization project is one thing, but how do you transition to a digital library program? Or better yet, how do you start a program from scratch? In this book Purcell, a well-respected expert in both archives and digital libraries, combines theory and be...
Neal-Schuman, an imprint of the American Library Association,
- Part I. The theory and reality of digital libraries. Growth of digital libraries
- Context of today's libraries and digital libraries
- Digitization and digital libraries
- Part II. Building digital library programs, a step-by-step process. Vision and mission building
- Identifying resources and partnerships
- Evaluating, selecting, and building digital collections
- Technical standards
- Management of digital projects
- Outreach and instruction
- Promotion, assessment, and sustainability
- Planning digital library programs
- Part III. Digital library planning exercises.