Social work with immigrants and refugees : legal issues, clinical skills and advocacy / Fernando Chang-Muy, Elaine P. Congress, editors.
"I applaud social work students, professors, and social workers who seek to serve and empower the immigrant community. This text is a great tool toward raising awareness of the many issues immigrants face, and helping them find solutions.". -- Frank Sharry, Executive Director, America'...
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
New York :
- Introduction: legal and social work issues with immigrants / Elaine Congress
- Legal classification of immigrants / Fernando Chang-Muy
- Culturally competent social work practice with immigrant populations / Carmen Ortiz Hendricks
- Theory and social work practice with immigrant populations / Betty Garcia
- Social work and physical health issues of immigrants / Sarah Blair Smith
- Mental health issues in new immigrant communities / Denise Michultka
- Avoiding unintended consequences in civil advocacy for criminally charged immigrants / Alina Das
- Immigrants and employment / Marielena Hincapié
- Immigrant children and education / Len Rieser
- Women, gender-based violence, and immigration / Sujata Warrier and Jennifer Rose
- Working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender immigrants / Rachel B. Tiven and Victoria Neilson
- Older adult immigrants in the United States : issues and services / Patricia Brownell and Robin Creswick Fenley
- Overview of immigrant eligibility for federal programs / Tanya Broder
- Social workers and immigrant advocacy / Jasmeet Kaur Sidhu.