Creating digital collections : a practical guide / Allison B. Zhang and Don Gourley.
Libraries recognize the importance of digitizing archival material to improve access to and preservation of their special collections. This book provides a step-by-step guide for creating digital collections, including examples and practical tips that have never been published before.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
|Series:||Chandos information professional series.
- Planning and managing digitisation projects
- Selecting material for digitisation
- Metadata strategy
- Digitising material
- Creating metadata
- Designing a user interface for digital collections
- The collection digitisation process and workflow management
- Digital collections management system
- Selecting software and hardware for digital collections management systems
- The knowledge and skills required for creating digital collections