Growing old in America / Barbara Wexler.
Explores the current condition of growing old in the United States. Includes the economic status of older people; Medicare and Medicaid; the living arrangements of older adults; working and retirement; and the education levels, voting trends, and political behavior of older Americans. Physical and m...
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Farmington Hills, Mich. :
Gale, Cengage Learning,
|Series:||Information Plus reference series.
- chapter 1. Older Americans : a diverse and growing population
- chapter 2. The economics of growing old in the United States
- chapter 3. Living arrangements of the older population
- chapter 4. Working and retirement : new options for older adults
- chapter 5. Education, voting, and political behavior
- chapter 6. On the road : older adult drivers
- chapter 7. The health and medical problems of older adults
- chapter 8. Mental health and mental illness
- chapter 9. Caring for older adults : caregivers
- chapter 10. Health care use, expenditures, and financing
- chapter 11. Crime and abuse of older adults.