Censorship / Ronald D. Lankford, book editor.
Explores the issues surrounding censorship. Presents diversity of opinion on the topic, including both conservative and liberal points of view in an even balance.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
|Series:||Issues that concern you.
Table of Contents:
- Parents should censor the Internet for children / Amanda Paulson
- The government should censor the Internet for children / Robert Peters
- Talk radio should be censored / John Halpin ... [and others]
- Talk radio should not be censored / Brian Jennings, interviewed by Al Peterson
- The U.S. military censors movies / David L. Robb
- Hollywood self-censors movies / John Pilger
- Internet providers should not aid government censors / Rebecca MacKinnon
- Internet providers may benefit more people by working with government censors / PR Week
- Television content should not be censored / Trey Parker and Matt Stone, interviewed by Nick Gillespie and Jesse Walker
- Television content should be censored / Parents Television Council
- Some laws against hate speech could threaten free speech / Peter Tatchell
- Publishers practice self-censorship of young adult books / Patty Campbell
- Free expression is limited in the American workplace / Bruce Barry.