Library and information center management / Barbara B. Moran, Robert D. Stueart, and Claudia J. Morner.
"This updated edition of the renowned library management textbook provides a comprehensive overview of the techniques needed to effectively manage a contemporary library or information center"--
Santa Barbara, California :
|Series:||Library and information science text series.
Table of Contents:
- Section 1: Introduction. Managing in Today's Libraries and Information Centers ; The Evolution of Management Thought ; Change
- The Innovative Process.
- Section 2: Planning. Strategic Planning
- Decision Making and Policy ; Planning and Maintaining Library Facilities ; Marketing Information Services.
- Section 3: Organizing. Organizations and Organizational Culture ; Structuring the Organization
- Specialization and Coordination ; The Structuring of Organizations.
- Section 4: Human Resources. Staffing the Library ; The Human Resources Functions in the Library ; Other Issues in Human Resource Management.
- Section 5: Leading. Motivation ; Leadership ; Ethics ; Communication ; Participative Leadership and the Use of Teams in Libraries.
- Section 6: Coordinating. Measuring, Evaluating, and Coordinating Organizational Performance ; Fiscal Responsibility and Control ; Library Development and Fundraising.