Queer women and religious individualism / Melissa M. Wilcox.
Melissa M. Wilcox explores the complex spiritual lives of queer women in the Los Angeles area. She takes the reader on a tour of a colorful array of religious and secular groups that serve as spiritual resources for these women -- from the well-known Metropolitan Community Churches to Wiccan covens,...
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Access limited to one user at a time.
Bloomington, IN :
Indiana University Press,
- Beyond the congregation
- Setting the stage : historical contexts
- Queering the spiritual marketplace
- Negotiating religion : continuity, conversion, innovation
- Tiles in the mosaic : organizations as resources
- Building a mosaic : the sacred (and the) self
- Queer women, religion, and postmodernity.