Success on the tenure track : five keys to faculty job satisfaction / Cathy Ann Trower.
Landing a tenure-track position is no easy task. Achieving tenure is even more difficult. Under what policies and practices do faculty find greater clarity about tenure and experience higher levels of job satisfaction? And what makes an institution a great place to work? In 2005-2006, the Collaborat...
The Johns Hopkins University Press,
- Study background and methodology
- Work-life integration
- Support for research and teaching
- Culture, climate, and collegiality
- Engaging leaders across the campus
- The future of the tenure track
- Appendices: A. In-depth interview guide ; B. Master list of interview categories for coding ; C. University of Iowa College of Liberal Arts and Sciences faculty appointments and review ; D. University of Kansas general principles for developing faculty evaluation plans ; E. Ohio State University core dossier outline (criteria for tenure) ; F. University of Iowa tenure dossier ; G. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign dual-career academic couples program ; H. Mentoring at the University of Iowa ; I. Ohio State University academic plan scorecard, update 2006.