Sins of omission : the Jewish community's reaction to domestic violence / Carol Goodman Kaufman.
In a congregation gathered for Shabbat services at the local synagogue, worshippers may find it difficult to accept how many wives go home with their husbands to ongoing physical and emotional abuse. In Sins of Omission, author Carol Goodman Kaufman finds that rabbis and community leaders are not do...
Boulder, Colo. :
- 1. "Oh, That I Had Wings Like a Dove": Survivors Tell Their Stories
- 2. "Wife Beating Is a Thing Not Done in Israel": The Myth of Shalom Bayit
- 3. "Justice, Justice Shall You Pursue": What Does Jewish Law Say About Abuse?
- 4. "The Errors of the Sages": The Rabbis and Willful Neglect
- 5. "Do Not Separate Yourself from the Community": Communal Leaders' Response to Abuse
- 6. Conclusions and Recommendations
- App. B. The Black and Blue Pages: A List for Jewish Resources on Domestic Violence.