New directions for academic liaison librarians / Alice Crawford.
Shows how liaison librarians can extend their roles beyond the established one of information literacy teaching and showcases areas in which they can engage in collaborative ventures with academic and administrative staff. --from publisher description.
Oxford, UK :
|Series:||Chandos information professional series.
- Introduction : What does academic liaison mean? ; From subject librarian to academic liaison? ; Subject librarians 'plus'
- Liaison in the wider world: a medical librarian in Malawi : Background to the project ; Initial impressions ; Working with the library ; Networking and liaison ; Post-project activities ; Lessons learned for similar projects
- Liaison and bibliometric support: the UK Research Assessment Exercise : Background to the project: what is the RAE? ; Library contribution to the RAE: the Glasgow University experience ; Process details ; Opportunities for the library ; The institutional repository: enlighten ; The role of liaison
- Liaison and virtual worlds : Virtual worlds ; Teaching a course in Second Life: the librarian's role ; Teaching the teachers in Second Life ; Virtual worlds teaching: pros and cons ; The Karuna Island Project ; Other virtual worlds roles for librarians?
- Liaison and digital scholarship : The Australian Poetry Library, University of Sydney ; Glasgow Emblem Digitisation Project ; Mark Twain Papers and Project, California Digital Library
- Liaison and open access journals : Background to the project: the institutional repository ; The journals project ; Set-up and production stages ; The liaison role ; Future plans
- Liaison and community outreach: a Friends of the Library Group : Setting up the group ; Programme of events ; Finance and administration ; King James Library lectures
- Liaison and library buildings : Background to the project ; Project development ; The liaison role ; Fundraising ; Library involvement in the design
- Conclusion : The changing role of the liaison librarian ; Embedded librarianship ; The future for academic liaison? ; Academic liaison in the arts: a personal view ; Case study round-up.