The power of many : values for success in business and in life / Meg Whitman with Joan O'C. Hamilton.
Is it possible to run a multibillion-dollar corporation on the power of trust? Must you set aside your authentic self as you climb the corporate ladder? Is there another role for technology beyond saving costs and creating efficiencies? Here, Meg Whitman, former CEO of eBay, speaks to these question...
New York :
- Trust that people are basically good
- Try something : the price of inaction is high
- Be authentic : you can't buy integrity
- Be frugal : conserve resources
- Results matter : be accountable
- Listen : everyone has something to contribute
- Focus : prune distractions
- Enfranchise and validate : teamwork works
- Be brave : most things worth doing are hard
- Be flexible : if you cannot scale, you will fail.