Teaching with emotional intelligence : a step-by-step guide for higher and further education professionals / Alan Mortiboys.
"The way emotions are handled by the individual and by others is central to the success of learning. Now fully updated with the latest research, Teaching with Emotional Intelligence shows how to manage this influential yet neglected area of learning. This practical book looks at how teachers ca...
Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York :
- The emotionally intelligent teacher
- How you relate to your learners
- Planning the emotional environment
- Planning for the physical experience of learners
- Dealing with your learners' expectations
- Acknowledging individual learners
- Listening to your learners
- Reading and responding to the feelings of individuals and groups
- Responding to learners' comments and questions
- Developing self-awareness as a teacher
- Recognizing your prejudices and preferences
- Your non-verbal communication
- Shaping and handling your feelings
- Revealing your feelings to learners
- Teaching with emotional intelligence one-to-one
- Teaching with emotional intelligence with online learners
- Teaching with emotional intelligence with international students
- Continuing your development as an emotionally intelligent teacher.