American immigration after 1996 : the shifting ground of political inclusion / Kathleen R. Arnold.
"Examines the underlying complexities of immigration in the United States and the relationship between globalization of the economy and issues of political sovereignty"--Provided by publisher.
University Park, Pa. :
Pennsylvania State University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Contemporary assimilation in the United States
- Enemy invaders! Mexican immigrants and U.S. wars against them
- Anti-immigration groups and civil society : pathway to democracy or support for prerogative power?
- Homo laborans, statelessness, and terror : economic deregulation and the strengthening of sovereignty
- Conclusion : the right to rights?.