Making museums matter / Stephen E. Weil.
Washington, D.C. :
Smithsonian Institution Press,
Table of Contents:
- The museum in pursuit of excellence.
- Organization-wide quality : a theory of museums and immodest proposal
- From being about something to being for somebody : the ongoing transformation of the American museum
- Fantasy islands
- Museums : can and do they make a difference?
- New words, familiar music : the museum as social enterprise
- Transformed from a cemetery of bric-a-brac
- The museum as a workplace.
- The distinctive numerator
- A parable of rocks and reasons
- Romance versus realism : a reflection on the nature of museums
- Museum publishing : some revolutions in progress
- If content is out, aesthetics must be in
- The museum at the end of time
- Collecting then, collecting today : what's the difference?
- Twenty-one ways to buy art
- The museum as palace.
- Courtly ghosts and aristocratic artifacts
- Reduced to art
- John Cotton Dana's New museum
- The museum in the public sphere.
- The museum and the public
- The American legal response to the problem of Holocaust art
- Fair use and the visual arts : please leave some room for Robin Hood
- Cloning and copyright
- Fair use and museum use : how close is the overlap?
- Not money, control.