Facing the mirror : older women and beauty shop culture / Frida Kerner Furman.
The women at Julie's International Salon share their experiences of bodily self-presentation, femininity, aging, and caring. Their own words are at the center of the book; the stories of their lives, fresh and compelling, are told here with affection. But beyond the stories themselves, Frida Ke...
New York :
- Women's territory : community and the ethic of care at Julie's international salon
- The witch in the mirror : feminine beauty and its imperatives
- "What's my alternative?" : aging and its challenges
- "The cheese stands alone" : women in relation to work, caring, and the family
- Energetic anger : an invitation to resistance.