Raising children : emerging needs, modern risks, and social responses / edited by Jill Duerr Berrick and Neil Gilbert.
Oxford ; New York :
Oxford University Press,
Table of Contents:
- The past is not a foreign country : the historical education of policy / Paula Fass
- From private to public : paying grandparents as caretakers / Jill Duerr Berrick
- Supporting fathers' Engagement with their kids / Phil Cowan [and others]
- Can women have careers and babies too? / Mary Ann Mason
- Motherhood, work and family policy / Neil Gilbert
- Child support : how much is just right? / Ira Ellman and Tara Ellman
- Framing public interventions with respect to children as parent-empowering / Stephen D. Sugarman
- Childhood ADHD : biological reality or social construction, with policy implications / Stephen P. Hinshaw
- Do immigrant children have a fair chance? / Sylvia Guendelman and Kate Cosby
- Non-academic needs of students : how can schools intervene? / Susan Stone
- Families and schools raising children : the inequitable effects of family background on schooling outcomes / W. Norton Grubb.