Addressing cultural issues in organizations : beyond the corporate context / editor, Robert T. Carter.
Thousand Oaks, Calif. :
|Series:||Winter roundtable series ;
Table of Contents:
- Part I: Perspectives
- 1. Perspectives on Addressing Cultural Issues in Organizations / Robert T. Carter
- 2. National Culture and the New Corporate Language for Race Relations / Clayton F. Alderfer
- 3. "Whiting Out" Social Justice / Michelle Fine
- 4. Making Sense of Race Relations in Organizations: Theories for Practice / David A. Thomas and Karen L. Proudford
- 5. School Contexts and Learning: Organizational Influences on the Achievement of Students of Color / Linda Darling-Hammond
- Part II: Organizational and Institutional Settings
- 6. Families in Their Cultural and Multisystemic Contexts / Nancy Boyd-Franklin
- 7. Teachers as (Multi)Cultural Agents in Schools / A. Lin Goodwin
- 8. Cultural Dynamics and Issues in Higher Education / Raechele L. Pope and Corlisse D. Thomas
- 9. Mental Health: The Influence of Culture on the Development of Theory and Practice / Barbara C. Wallace.
- 10. The House of God: The Fallacy of Neutral Universalism in Medicine / Vivian Ota Wang
- 11. And Justice is Blind (to Race and Ethnicity): That is Not Good! / Curtis W. Branch
- Part III: Interventions and Applications for Training
- 12. Classic Defenses: A Critical Assessment of Ambivalence and Denial in Organizational Leaders' Responses to Diversity / Samuel D. Johnson
- 13. Enhancing Diversity Climate in Community Organizations / Roderick J. Watts and Arthur Evans
- 14. Social Diversity in Social Change Organizations: Standpoint Learnings for Organizational Consulting / Evangelina Holvino
- 15. Building Institutional Capacity to Address Cultural Differences / Thomas J. Gallagher
- 16. Cultural Issues in Organizations: Summary and Conclusions / Robert T. Carter and Leah M. DeSole.