Rethinking AIDS prevention : learning from successes in developing countries / Edward C. Green.
"This is not another book about how AIDS is out of control in Africa and Third World nations, or one complaining about the inadequacy of secured funds to fight the pandemic. Edward C. Green, a member of President's Advisory Committee on HIV/AIDS, looks objectively at countries that have su...
Westport, Conn. :
- Part I. Introduction. Why do we need to rethink AIDS prevention?
- Part II. Western approaches to AIDS prevention in developing countries. "Behavior change" and the problem of ethnocentrism
- Questioning condoms
- The ARV issue
- Part III. Indigenous approaches to AIDS prevention in developing countries. What can we learn from Uganda?
- Some other African success stories
- What can we learn from Jamaica?
- What can we learn from Thailand?
- Common factorws in success
- Conclusion: new paradigms for AIDS prevention programs.