What are archives? : cultural and theoretical perspectives : a reader / edited by Louise Craven.
In this book, the authors encourage archivists to step away from the practicalities of keeping archives, and to consider what it is they actually do in the cultural context of the early 21st century. They discuss the concepts of identity and culture and what they mean in the context of archives toda...
Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT :
- From the archivist's cardigan to the very dead sheep : what are archives? What are archivists? What do they do? / Louise Craven
- The textuality of the archive / Andrew Prescott
- Personal papers : perceptions and practices / Caroline Williams
- Opening Pandora's box : what is an archive in the digital environment? / Michael Moss
- The online archivist : a positive approach to the digital information age / Jane Stevenson
- Other ways of thinking, other ways of being : documenting the margins and the transitory : what to preserve, how to collect? / Andrew Flinn
- The archives of exile : exile of archives / Andrew Prescott
- Users, use and context : supporting interaction between users and digital archives / Andrea Johnson
- Permitted use and users : the fallout shelter's sealed environment / Gerard P. Collis.