Georges Seurat : the drawings / Jodi Hauptman ; with essays by Karl Buchberg [and others].
"Once described as "the most beautiful painter's drawings in existence," Georges Seurat's mysterious and radiant works on paper played a crucial role in his career. Though Seurat is most often remembered as the inventor of pointillism and for paintings like Un Dimanche a la...
New York : London :
Museum of Modern Art ; Thames & Hudson [distributor],
- Foreword / Glenn D. Lowry
- Introduction / Jodi Hauptman
- Seurat distracted / Richard Shiff
- Seurat: materials and techniques / Karl Buchberg
- Plates I
- Medium and miasma: Seurat's drawings on the margins of Paris / Jodi Hauptman
- Polka dots and moonbeams / Hubert Damisch
- Plates II
- The imperatives of style: Seurat's drawings, 1886-1891 / Richard Thomson
- Seurat as mentor / Bridget Riley
- Plates III
- Catalogue of the exhibition / Tricia Yunjoo Paik
- Chronology / Vérene Tasseau.