Providing effective library services for research / Jo Webb, Pat Gannon-Leary and Moira Bent.
Libraries are one of the most important stops in the research process -- and with the right collections and services, librarians can give researchers a serious advantage. This practical manual explains how libraries can better support study and scholarship by understanding the information seeking be...
- 1. Supporting research and researchers : some perspectives
- 2. Current challenges for libraries and research support
- 3. Defining research and researchers
- 4. Collection management
- 5. The researcher's toolkit : resources
- 6. Services to facilitate research
- 7. The information-literate researcher
- 8. Facing the future : key challenges
- 9. Key principles for supporting research.