The prostitution of women and girls / by R. Barri Flowers.
Jefferson, N.C. :
McFarland & Co.,
Table of Contents:
- Pt. I: Female prostitution : Defining prostitutes and prostitution ; The magnitude of female prostitution ; Types of prostitutes ; Theories and motivations regarding female prostitution ; AIDS and female prostitution
- Pt. II: Women and prostitution : The scope of women's prostitution ; Streetwalking prostitutes ; Call girl prostitutes ; Drugs, crime, and victimization
- Pt. III: Girls and prostitution : The extent of teenage prostitution ; The characteristics of girl prostitutes ; Runaway and throwaway girls ; Pimps and girl prostitution ; The dangers of child sexual abuse
- Pt. IV: Other dimensions of prostitution and the sex trade industry : Pornography and female prostitution ; Child prostitution and child pornography ; Customers of female prostitutes ; Male prostitution ; Laws and prostitution ; Examining the issues of decriminalization and legalization of prostitution
- Pt. V: Female prostitution in other countries : The prostitution of women worldwide ; Child prostitution and sexploitation internationally ; AIDS and female prostitution globally ; Responding to the worldwide tragedy of female prostitution.