A decade of urban school reform : persistence and progress in the Boston Public Schools / edited by S. Paul Reville with Celine Coggins.
Cambridge, MA :
Harvard Education Press,
Table of Contents:
- Ch. I. Strong foundation, evolving challenges : a case study to support leadership transition in the Boston Public Schools / The Aspen Institute Education and Society Program and Annenberg Institute for School Reform at Brown University
- Ch. II. Governance and the Boston Public Schools / John H. Portz
- Ch. III. Leadership development at the Boston Public Schools / Karen L. Mapp and Jennifer M. Suesse
- Ch. IV. Building a human resource system in the Boston Public Schools / Susan Moore Johnson and Morgaen L. Donaldson
- Ch. V. Instructional improvement in the Boston Public Schools : the limits of focus and stability / Barbara Neufeld
- Ch. VI. Using data to inform decision making in urban school districts : progress and new challenges / Richard J. Murnane, Elizabeth A. City, and Kristan Singleton
- Ch. VII. On the road to reform : building a system of excellent and equitable high schools in Boston / Adria Steinberg and Lili Allen
- Ch. VIII. Escaping from old ideas : educating students with disabilities in the Boston Public Schools / Ellen C. Guiney, Mary Ann Cohen, and Erika Moldow
- Ch. IX. Family and community engagement in the Boston Public Schools : 1995-2006 / Abby R. Weiss and Helen Westmoreland
- Ch. X. The Boston story : successes and challenges in systemic education reform / Thomas W. Payzant, with Christopher M. Horan
- Appendix : Boston Public Schools whole-school improvement : the six essentials.