Describing archives : a content standard.
A product of the CUSTARD project (Canadian-U.S. Task Force on Archival Description), and funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities, Describing archives : a content standard (DACS) is designed to facilitate consistent, appropriate, and self-explanatory description of archival materials and...
Society of American Archivists,
|Edition:||4th print., 2007.|
- Statement of principles ; Overview of archival description
- pt. 1. Describing archival materials. Levels of description ; Identity elements ; Content and structure elements ; Conditions of access and use elements ; Acquisition and appraisal elements ; Related materials elements ; Note elements ; Description control elements
- pt. 2. Describing creators. Identifying creators ; Administrative/biographical history ; Authority records
- pt. 3. Forms of names. Form of names for persons and families ; Form of geographic names ; Form of names for corporate bodies
- Appendices. A. Glossary ; B. Companion standards ; C. Crosswalks ; D. Full EAD and MARC 21 examples.