Inventing the rest of our lives : women in second adulthood / Suzanne Braun Levine.
Features anecdotal stories, scientific information, and the author's own personal experiences to share inspirational insights into how to render the second half of life a period of accomplishment, passion, and self-discovery.
New York :
Table of Contents:
- Getting to what matters: letting go and saying no
- You're not who you were, only older
- Second adolescence: a second chance at growing up strong
- Defiance: speaking up, speaking out, speaking your mind
- The fertile void: taking your time
- Finding out what works: recalibrating your life
- Reconsidering work and beginning to recalibrate your life
- Rediscovering your passion, facing your fear
- Redefining intimacy: love, sex, friendship, and the new you
- Confronting adversity
- Moving on to what's next: making peace and taking charge
- Health, beauty, and what you cannot change
- Generations: graduating from our child and parent voice to (at last!) our own adult voice
- Becoming a critical mass: the personal is still political
- Riding the spiral.