Library and information center management / Robert D. Stueart and Barbara B. Moran.
This text presents the principles of library and information centre management in a conceptual framework. It examines the dynamics of organizational missions, goals, policies and programmes, and the external forces encouraging change.
Westport, Conn. :
|Series:||Library and information science text series.
Table of Contents:
- Managing in today's libraries and information centers
- The evolution of management thought
- Change : the innovative process
- Planning information services and systems
- Strategic planning : thinking and doing
- Marketing information services
- Organizations and organizational culture
- Structuring the organization : specialization and coordination
- The structure of organizations : today and in the future
- Staffing the library
- The human resources functions in the library
- Other issues in human resource management
- Participative management and the use of teams in libraries
- Measuring, evaluating, and coordinating organizational performance
- Fiscal responsibility and control
- Managers : the next generation.