Introducing information management : an information research reader / edited by Elena Macevic̆iūté and T.D. Wilson.
"This book is an essential introduction to IM for all students on courses in library and information science, IM, information systems, business information technology, business management, computer science and information technology; as well as for practitioners working in a wide range of organ...
- Part A. General papers
- SInformrnation in organizations directions for information management / Joyce Kirk
- The development of the information management research area / Elena Macevičiūte and T.D. Wilson
- Business information culture: a qualitative study of the information culture in the Finnish insurance industry / Gunilia Widen-Wulff
- Part B. information behaviour
- Determninig organizational information needs: the critica success factors approach / Maija-Leena Huotari and T.D. Wilson
- Critical success factors and information needs in industry: an Estonian study / Aiki Tibar
- Experiencing information seeking and learning: research on patterns of variation / Louise Liberg
- Part C. Envronmental scanning and decision making
- Environmental scanning as information seeking and organizational learning / Chun Wei Choo
- Scanning the business environment: from perceived environmenta change to strategic change / Zita Correia and T.D. Wilson
- Managerial information seeking and use behaviour: a case study of Singapore / Shrianjani M. (Gina) de Alwis and Susan Higgins
- The balanced scorecard, strategy, information and inteectua cap / Judith Broady-Preston
- Part D. Knowledge management
- Knowledge management and information management: review of empirical evidence / France Bouthillier and Kathleen Shearer
- 'The nonsense of knowledge management' revisited / T.D. Wilson
- Part E. Information strategy
- Information systems strategy formation in higher education institutions: lateral trust / David Allen
- Healthcare information management and technology strategy: the story so far / Hugh Preston
- National information infrastructure and the realization of the Singapore IT2000 initiative / Cheryl Marie Cordeiro and Suliman Al-Hawamdch.