The school library media facilities planner / Thomas L. Hart.
"This book presents timely information on designing, building, remodeling, and equipping library media centers. Chapters cover every phase of the process, from assessing needs, allocating space, selecting furniture, and working with the architect to moving into the new facility. . . .A CD '...
New York :
|Series:||Best practices for school library media professionals.
- Before you begin: Essential background and vision: Introduction to facility planning basics
- Develop a vision: Looking at successful library media center designs
- Take the DVD tour
- Planning the facility: How to develop comprehensive planning documents
- How to allocate space and determine library media specific details
- How to select furniture and storage units
- Building and moving into the new or remodeled library media center: How to select the right architect
- How to collaborate with architects to design a facility that works
- How to select and work with a contractor
- How to move into and open a new or remodeled library media center
- "Facilities speak": Resources that better equip you to work with building professionals: Glossary of architectural styles and terminology
- Sample planning document
- Sample contract and request for bids
- About the author.