Selling the dream : why advertising is good business / John Hood.
"The process of producing goods and services is relatively easy to recognize as socially beneficial. But television ads? Telemarketers? Jingles? Junk mail? It is popular to view these commercial activities as inherently wasteful or manipulative, marginally informative or entertaining, at best....
Westport, Conn. :
- The birth of advertising and commercial culture
- A carnival of conspicuous consumption
- Broadcasting revolution, advertising evolution
- The new economics and science of advertising
- Living the commercial life
- Health claims and the problem of fraud
- Advertising and the consuming child
- The economics and ethics of selling sin