Preserving digital materials / Ross Harvey.
"Digital preservation is an issue faced by practitioners in the library and recordkeeping professions, yet most professionals have little time to keep up with the latest techniques and standards. This work provides a single-volume introduction to the principles, strategies and practices current...
- What is preservation in the digital age: changing preservation paradigms
- Why do we preserve, who should do it?
- Why there's a problem: digital artifacts and digital objects
- Selection for preservation: the critical decision
- What attributes of digital materials do we preserve?
- Overview of digital preservation strategies
- Preserve technology approaches: tried and tested methods
- Preserve objects approaches: new frontiers?
- Digital preservation initiatives and collaborations
- Challenges for the future of digital preservation
- Case studies.