Achieving national board certification for school library media specialists : a study guide / Gail Dickinson.
Provides a history and overview of the certification process, reviews the areas highlighted in the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) portfolio entries and assessment center exercises, examines their components, and gives tips on how to complete each part.
American Library Association,
- 1. National board history and overview
- 2. NBPTS and school library media
- 3. ECYA/library media standards
- 4. NBPTS certification process
- 5. Collaborative integrated instruction
- 6. Encouraging literature appreciation
- 7. Integration of technology
- 8. Other best practices
- 9. Entry one : instructional collaboration
- 10. Entry two : literature appreciation
- 11. Entry three : integration of technology
- 12. Entry four : documented accomplishments
- 13. Assessment center exercises
- 14. Banking
- 15. future of NBPTS school library media certification.