The successful academic librarian : winning strategies from library leaders / edited by Gwen Meyer Gregory.
The role of academic librarian is far from cut-and-dried. There are numerous job classifications and widely varying academic focuses and cultures to contend with. While every academic librarian is expected to meet the research needs of an institution's faculty and students, many are expected t...
Medford, New Jersey :
Information Today, Inc.,
- Start at the beginning : your job responsibilities and how to accomplish them / Rebecca Miller with Nancy Sosna Bohm
- Building strong collaborative relationships with disciplinary faculty / Elizabeth O. Hutchins
- Building the profession : research, creative activities, and publication by academic librarians / Joan Beam and Cathy Cranston
- Time served is time well spent : making the most of your service commitments / Michelle Mach
- Faculty status, promotion, and tenure : what are you getting into? / Gwen Meyer Gregory and Mary Beth Chambers
- "Come on down! You're the next contestant" : one librarian's view of the interview process / Karl Bridges
- Mentors : how to find them, how to use them / Verla J. Peterson
- Continuing education : planning your future / Kris Swank
- Unions in academic libraries / Tina Maragou Hovekamp
- What have you been up to? : documenting your career / McKinley Sielaff
- Up North : comparisons and contrasts of U.S. and Canadian academic libraries / Don Taylor
- Notes from a cataloger : success in technical services / Wendy Baia
- Witches brew or gourmet gumbo : tenure in the library / Molly E. Molloy
- Moving to the academy in mid-career : a field guide for the experienced librarian / Anna Gold
- A view from the top : what the director or dean is looking for / Benjamin Wakashige and Emily Asch.