Women and the labour market in Japan's industrialising economy : the textile industry before the Pacific War / Janet Hunter.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Access limited to one user at a time.
London ; New York :
Table of Contents:
- 1. Introduction : textile workers and Japanese industrialisation
- 2. The rural connection : growth, distribution and gender
- 3. The growth of the mechanised textile industries in prewar Japan
- 4. Rural origins
- 5. The making of textile workers
- 6. The institutions of wage payment
- 7. Changing the rules of the game : the role of the government
- 8. Collusion and collaboration : collective action by employers and employees
- 9. Textile work, families and villages
- 10. A summing up.