Reference skills for the school library media specialist : tools and tips / Ann Marlow Riedling.
Explains the fundamentals of reference services and provides suggestions, examples, and scenarios to help train prospective school library media specialists.
Worthington, Ohio :
Table of Contents:
- Reference and the school library : an overview
- Selection, evaluation, and maintenance of the reference collection
- Directories, almanacs, yearbooks, and handbooks
- Biographical sources
- Dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Geographical sources
- Indexes and abstracts, online periodical databases
- The reference interview
- The Web in today's reference services
- Scenarios and exercises.