Treating psychological trauma and PTSD / edited by John P. Wilson, Matthew J. Friedman, Jacob D. Lindy.
"This authoritative volume presents an innovative psychobiological framework to help clinicians and researchers better understand the myraid difficulties facing patients and navigate the array of available intervention approaches"--Jacket cover.
|Other Authors:||, ,|
New York :
Table of Contents:
- Theory, models, and clinical paradigms of treatment.
- Treatment goals for PTSD / John P. Wilson, Matthew J. Friedman, and Jacob D. Lindy
- A holistic, organismic approach to healing trauma and PTSD / John P. Wilson, Matthew J. Friedman, and Jacob D. Lindy
- Clinical treatment of PTSD.
- An overview of clinical considerations and principles in the treatment of PTSD / John P. Wilson
- Allostatic versus empirical perspectives on pharmacotherapy for PTSD / Matthew J. Friedman
- An allostatic approach to the psychodynamic understanding of PTSD / Jacob D. Lindy and John P. Wilson
- Acute posttraumatic interventions / Beverley Raphael and Matthew Dobson
- Cognitive-behavioral approaches to PTSD / Lori A. Zoellner, Lee A. Fitzgibbons, and Edna B. Foa
- Group psychotherapy for PTSD / David W. Foy [and others].
- Clinical treatment approaches for special trauma populations.
- Treatment of persons with complex PTSD and other trauma-related disruptions of the self / Laurie Anne Pearlman
- Dual diagnosis and treatment of PTSD / Alexander C. McFarlane
- Cross-cultural treatment of PTSD / J. David Kinzie
- Treatment methods for childhood trauma / Kathleen Nader
- Treatment of PTSD in families and couples / Laurie Harkness and Noka Zador
- Treatment of PTSD in persons with severe mental illness / Kim T. Mueser and Stanley D. Rosenberg
- Case history analysis and practical considerations.
- Case history analysis of the treatments for PTSD : lessons learned / Jacob D. Lindy, John P. Wilson, and Matthew J. Friedman
- Practical considerations in the treatment of PTSD : guidelines for practitioners / John P. Wilson, Matthew J. Friedman, and Jacob D. Lindy
- Respecting the trauma membrane : above all, do no harm / Jacob D. Lindy and John P. Wilson.