Lost boys : why our sons turn violent and how we can save them / James Garbarino.
A leading psychologist examines the recent explosion of adolescent violence, identifies children at risk, and offers proven methods to prevent aggressive behavior.
New York :
|Edition:||1st Anchor books ed.|
Table of Contents:
- Epidemic of youth violence
- Part One : How boys get lost. Rejected and neglected, ashamed and depressed
- How early vulnerability becomes bad behavior
- Discovering the dark side
- A boy's code of honor : Frustrated justice and fractured morality
- Part Two : What boys need. The power of spiritual, psychological, and social anchors
- Saving violent boys isn't easy
- Reclaiming lost boys
- Appendix : Where to get help : Prevention and intervention resources.