Leadership development : paths to self-insight and professional growth / Manuel London.
This study explores how leaders gain and use self-knowledge for continuous improvement and career development and describes how leaders help themselves and the people with whom they work, understand themselves, and become more self-determined, continuous learners, and make the most of resources.
|Access Note:||Access to electronic resources restricted to Simmons University students, faculty and staff.|
Access limited to one user at a time.
Mahwah, NJ :
Lawrence Erlbaum Associates,
|Series:||Series in applied psychology.
- Series Foreword /
- Edwin A. Fleishman
- Introduction: Dimensions of Effective Leadership
- Psychological Processes Underlying Leadership Behavior
- Self-Insight: Prerequisite for Understanding Others and the Environment
- Self-Regulation: Processes for Maintaining Motivation and Resilience
- Self-Identity: Personal Directions for Development
- Support for Leadership Development
- The Leadership Development Process
- Feedback Processes
- 360-Degree Feedback
- Coaching Processes
- Development Programs
- Challenges and Opportunities
- Overcoming Career Barriers
- Becoming a Continuous Learner
- Conclusion: Becoming a Principled, Diplomatic Leader.