Gender and PTSD / edited by Rachel Kimerling, Paige Ouimette, Jessica Wolfe.
Publisher's description: Current research and clinical observations suggest pronounced gender-based differences in the ways people respond to traumatic events. Most notably, women evidence twice the rate of PTSD as men following traumatic exposure. This important volume brings together leading...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
New York :
- The epidemiology of sex differences in PTSD across developmental, societal, and research contexts /
- Fran H. Norris, Jennifer D. Foster, and Deborah L. Weisshaar.
- Gender issues in the neurobiology of PTSD /
- Ann M. Rasmusson and Matthew J. Friedman.
- Gender and PTSD : a cognitive model /
- David F. Tolin and Edna B. Foa.
- The intersection of gender and betrayal in trauma /
- Anne P. DePrince and Jennifer J. Freyd
- Assessment and diagnosis.
- Differential diagnosis of PTSD in women /
- Marylene Cloitre [and others].
- Gender considerations in the psychometric assessment of PTSD /
- Karen Cusack, Sherry Falsetti, and Michael de Arellano.
- Gender and psychophysiology of PTSD /
- Jessica M. Peirce [and others]
- Gender issues in PTSD with comorbid mental health disorders /
- Susan M. Orsillo, Sheela Raja, and Charity Hammond.
- Gender and the comorbidity of PTSD with substance use disorders /
- Sherry H. Stewart, Paige Ouimette, and Pamela J. Brown.
- PTSD and medical comorbidity /
- Rachel Kimerling [and others]
- Gender and PTSD treatment : efficacy and effectiveness /
- Dana Cason, Anouk Grubaugh, and Patricia Resick.
- Gender and the psychopharmacological treatment of PTSD /
- Kathleen T. Brady and Sudie E. Back.
- Gender, trauma themes, and PTSD : narratives of male and female survivors /
- Elizabeth D. Krause, Ruth R. DeRosa, and Susan Roth.
- Gender issues in couple and family therapy following traumatic stress /
- Christina A. Byrne and David S. Riggs
- Research and policy.
- Gender differences in stress, trauma, and PTSD research : application of two quantitative methods /
- Lynda A. King, Holly K. Orcutt, and Daniel W. King.
- Mental health policy and women with PTSD /
- Mary C. Blehar, Bruce Cuthbert, and Kathryn M. Magruder.