Innovative approaches to health psychology : prevention and treatment lessons from AIDS / edited by Margaret A. Chesney and Michael H. Antoni.
This book demonstrates how health psychology has risen to the challenge to find new ways to reach and treat at-risk populations. Using as a springboard their experiences in responding to the HIV/AIDS crisis over nearly two decades, chapter authors illustrate how they identified avenues for intervent...
Washington, D.C. :
American Psychological Association,
|Series:||Application and practice in health psychology.
- Translating a decade of innovations into clinical practice / Margaret A. Chesney & Michael H. Antoni
- Counseling adolescents: designing interventions to target routines, relationships, roles, and stages of adaptation / Mary Jane Rotheram-Borus [and others]
- Empowering African American adolescents at risk: community-based strategies for reducing risk through enhancing self-efficacy / John B. Jemmott III & Loretta Sweet Jemmott
- Innovations in the application of social cognitive principles to develop prevention interventions to reduce unsafe sexual behaviors among gay and bisexual men / Jeffrey A. Kelly
- Strategies for working with injecting drug users: the role of health psychologists in harm reduction / Don C. Des Jarlais & Samuel R. Friedman
- Managing chronic disease: individual counseling with medically ill patients / Robert H. Remien & Judith G. Rabkin
- Interventions for mothers during pregnancy and postpartum: behavioral and pharmacological approaches / Deidre Byrnes Pereira
- interventions for optimal disease management / Gail Ironson [and others]
- Group interventions for individuals with serious medical illness / Julienne E. Bower, Margaret E. Kemeny, & Fawzy I. Fawzy
- Managing pain in chronic illness / Paul B. Jacobsen & William Breitbart
- Improving sleep quality in patients with chronic illness / Dean G. Cruess
- Will advances in prevention technologies make behavioral counseling obsolete? Lessons learned from HIV vaccine trials / Mallory O. Johnson
- "Close calls": a teachable moment for long-term behavior change / Craig R. Waldo, Karena Franses, & Beth Dillon
- Adhering to complex medication regimens / Maria L. Ekstrand & Margaret A. Chesney.